Thursday, August 12, 2010

This-n-That Thursday

Courtesy of MPM

And so it begins..

  • One week from today I will be moving my baby girl into her college dorm.

  • Do you have any idea how many hundreds of dollars much money it costs to PREPARE a kid for dorm life? LOTS!

  • I am still not sure how we are going to transport the thousands of pounds piles of stuff. A tractor trailer perhaps?

  • CG has been GREAT about keeping up with everything regarding the start of school. Thank Goodness!

  • It's going to be really strange knowing she won't be sleeping down the hall. It makes me feel a little sad.

  • Parents weekend is Sept 25-26... I wonder if I will make it that long?

  • I am thankful for Skype and Google video chat. At least right now.

  • I can not believe this day has gotten her so fast.

  • Gah!

6 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Deep Breaths baby...deep breaths!
And wine.
<><

Mental P Mama said...

Awwww. Do you need me to come down there and take you out? I'll be in Charlottesville next Friday and driving around...just let me know;) Plus, I totally know that down the hall thing. The first night this past May when my two came home finally, I loved the thought of their hearts once again beating under the same roof as mine. It was amazing.

Busy Bee Suz said...

No wise words of advice, but I can share a few tears with you. I feel your pain, as I will be there too next year.
I hope she has a wonderful time in college!

big hair envy said...

We leave Sunday. I hope I survive the trip:(

Diane said...

A semi truck, huh? Yikes!

Deep breaths, and talk to MPM!

And yes, thank goodness for Skype!

The Salesman said...

Lots and lots of wine should get her through the first couple days anyways. Going to miss my little girl.