Saturday, August 21, 2010
Posted by mom x 2 at 9:44 AM
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
- Irish Blessing
Posted by mom x 2 at 12:13 PM
Saturday, August 14, 2010
This picture was taken on our trip to Clearwater, FL last Spring. This is the view of the sunrise outside our hotel room overlooking Tampa Bay.
I love a quiet mornings.
When the world is still sleeping just before the chaotic day begins.
There is nothing better than a good cup of coffee with The Salesman and.....
Posted by mom x 2 at 7:38 AM
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Courtesy of MPM
And so it begins..
- One week from today I will be moving my baby girl into her college dorm.
- Do you have any idea how
many hundreds of dollarsmuch money it costs to PREPARE a kid for dorm life? LOTS!
- I am still not sure how we are going to transport the
thousands of poundspiles of stuff. A tractor trailer perhaps?
- CG has been GREAT about keeping up with everything regarding the start of school. Thank Goodness!
- It's going to be really strange knowing she won't be sleeping down the hall. It makes me feel a little sad.
- Parents weekend is Sept 25-26... I wonder if I will make it that long?
- I am thankful for Skype and Google video chat. At least right now.
- I can not believe this day has gotten her so fast.
Posted by mom x 2 at 11:13 AM
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
This process is bittersweet. I am so very excited to see her set out on her own and make her way in this world, but I am sad to know that my little girl is growing up. She has turned into a remarkable young woman and I know that she will make good decisions, along with a few bad ones. She will make mistakes, but I can only hope she will learn from them. Someone once told me, this was a natural progression, and as much as I believe that, it’s going to be hard. I am proud of her and look forward to watching her continue to grow as she pursues her dreams.
To Cheerleader girl… in the words of Rascal Flatts:
My wish for you,
Is that life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
And you never need to carry more than you can hold.
I love you Cheerleader Girl!
Posted by mom x 2 at 12:07 PM