Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Posted by mom x 2 at 3:33 PM
Thursday, September 9, 2010
But most importantly, we got to witness this!!!!
After 11 years together, my brother finally married the love of his life. Although she has been a part of the family for a long time, it was so awesome to see them finally "tie the knot." The wedding was beautiful, as was the bride. It was a super quick weekend, but what a great one it was.
Congrats Matt and Kate!
Love you !
Posted by mom x 2 at 11:32 AM
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Posted by mom x 2 at 9:44 AM
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
- Irish Blessing
Posted by mom x 2 at 12:13 PM
Saturday, August 14, 2010
This picture was taken on our trip to Clearwater, FL last Spring. This is the view of the sunrise outside our hotel room overlooking Tampa Bay.
I love a quiet mornings.
When the world is still sleeping just before the chaotic day begins.
There is nothing better than a good cup of coffee with The Salesman and.....
Posted by mom x 2 at 7:38 AM
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Courtesy of MPM
And so it begins..
- One week from today I will be moving my baby girl into her college dorm.
- Do you have any idea how
many hundreds of dollarsmuch money it costs to PREPARE a kid for dorm life? LOTS!
- I am still not sure how we are going to transport the
thousands of poundspiles of stuff. A tractor trailer perhaps?
- CG has been GREAT about keeping up with everything regarding the start of school. Thank Goodness!
- It's going to be really strange knowing she won't be sleeping down the hall. It makes me feel a little sad.
- Parents weekend is Sept 25-26... I wonder if I will make it that long?
- I am thankful for Skype and Google video chat. At least right now.
- I can not believe this day has gotten her so fast.
Posted by mom x 2 at 11:13 AM
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
This process is bittersweet. I am so very excited to see her set out on her own and make her way in this world, but I am sad to know that my little girl is growing up. She has turned into a remarkable young woman and I know that she will make good decisions, along with a few bad ones. She will make mistakes, but I can only hope she will learn from them. Someone once told me, this was a natural progression, and as much as I believe that, it’s going to be hard. I am proud of her and look forward to watching her continue to grow as she pursues her dreams.
To Cheerleader girl… in the words of Rascal Flatts:
My wish for you,
Is that life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
And you never need to carry more than you can hold.
I love you Cheerleader Girl!
Posted by mom x 2 at 12:07 PM
Monday, August 2, 2010
"Me thinx I needz a wittle nap now"
Posted by mom x 2 at 11:58 AM
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Courtesy of MPM
- I'm pretty sure I have Adult ADD. All my posts should be random, like this one.
- The new puppy is kickin' my butt. Pee, play, pee, eat, poop, pee, sleep, pee, play, pee, sleep, pee and so on and so on with the emphasis on PEE!
- She's really cute though, which is probably why she is still with us (just kidding!)
- This is Bud's dog, but somehow, I seem to be the one always home taking care of her.
- Cheerleader Girl leaves for college in 3 weeks. UGH!
- I really want to take a cooking class.
- Maybe I should just watch more Sandra Lee.
- It's a good thing today is This-n-That Thursday, because that means tomorrow is Friday and that is a MUCH better day!
Any thoughts you would like to ramble on about. Forgive me if I have a hard time paying attention, I think I mentioned Adult ADD??
Posted by mom x 2 at 9:38 AM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
This a photo taken from Bud's Beach on the last day of Blogfest '10.
I was only able to attend the infamous Beach Day, and was very sorry I missed all of the Fun, Frivolity and Hijinx with the rest of my "Blisters" throughout the rest of the weekend.
But there is always next year!
Thanks CBW, BHE and NoeNoe!
Posted by mom x 2 at 11:55 AM
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Total Stranger at a concert to Woman in front of her constantly messing with the clasp on her bra strap because the tag of her dress kept getting caught on it and it continued to rub on the sunburn the woman got at the beach: "Um, next time you go out and you are pregnant, and it is hot like this, just don't wear a bra and you will be much more comfortable."
now with her self esteem in the toilet to Total Stranger: "Ok thanks, but I'm not pregnant."
Total Stranger: "Oh, I'm sorry, you were holding your belly like you were."
Woman: "Nope, as a matter of fact, I have lost 24 pounds in the last 4 months, and the fact that you think I still look pregnant is quite disappointing.... but its whatever."
Woman thinking to herself as she holds back tears: "Really?!?!? Did that just happen?? WTH!!!"
Daughter of Woman: "Ima cause a scene cuz that was MESSED up! Who says that to someone!!!!! "
Yes this conversation happened. Yes that Woman was me. Yes my self esteem was in the toilet. But then there was Tim :)
Posted by mom x 2 at 10:46 AM
Saturday, July 24, 2010
A country music superstar with over 30 number one hits.
Oh, and I am sure his wife Faith won't mind that MY name is tattooed on his arm..... Sigh :)
Posted by mom x 2 at 10:40 AM
Friday, July 23, 2010
But how could you resist this little one?
Meet Amberley :)
She was a rescue puppy that we just had to bring home....... now if she would just learn where to potty and what NOT to chew on, all would be well again.
Posted by mom x 2 at 8:00 AM
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Cheerleader Girl is a High School Graduate!!
I can not begin to express how PROUD I am of her!
She is off to Longwood University soon and I will miss her terribly,
but I know that she will be successful in pursuing her dreams!
Chin up little girl!!
I love you!! <3
Posted by mom x 2 at 3:49 PM
Friday, June 11, 2010
Posted by mom x 2 at 11:04 AM
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- It's cold.
- Cheerleader Girl had surgery over a week and 1/2 ago. She is still in pain. It sucks.
- We have a crapload of snow.
- It's cold.
- How much do you think a crapload is?
- My kids JUST went back to school today after almost TWO weeks of NO school due to the crapload of snow. (At least I don't live in Baltimore).
- Cheerleader Girl made out well since she couldn't go to school anyway.
- I have come to hate snow. And I hear there is more in the forecast.
- My Superbowl party was a success. Even though it snowed. But we had a great time!!!
- I hate the cold. We are going to Florida for Spring Break.... is that break coming anytime soon? NO! It better be warm when I get there!
- Sorry I've been MIA, I've been
lazybusy. I was hoping my assistant would have done a better job of keeping everyone updated. Just can't find good help these days. Not sure why since so many people are unemployed. Which is why I won't fire her, even if she was somewhat lazy in regards to udating my blog.
- Does anyone know what color grass is? I seem to have forgotton.
- It's cold.
Posted by mom x 2 at 12:29 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Dear Fellow Bloggers friends of Momx2,
I have been in close contact with Momx2 and she would like for me to pass on that she has been real busy as of late. She is sincerely sorry that she has neglected you and her visits to your blogs have been sporadic at best.
She has been attending wrestling tournaments to watch Bud wrestle. He has not been a friendly one to be around as cutting weight makes him VERY grumpy. That makes Momx2 grumpy and she finds it better not to share her attitude with the internets, even though she totally knows they would all forgive her (right?) She is however, very proud of Bud and glad to see he is doing well this year.
She has also been helping Cheerleader Girl try (keyword) make a decision where college is concerned, which has also made her grumpy. Her friends have told her leaving for college is a natural progression. Although you will miss them when they are gone, by the time that day comes around you will be DAMN ready for them to go. She does want Cheerleader to know however, in the event she might be reading this, that she still loves her and will support her in whatever decision she makes.
I also think I overheard her talking with The Salesman concerning a few not so great things going on with someone they have been close to for a long time and that person's daughter. I'm pretty sure they think that they have made some good decisions, and if she could, she would love to share the story, but not yet, not now. She is sort of in a funk and doesn't feel like writing about it, but says that it sucks when you try to do the right thing only to have it thrown back in your face. She stands by her convictions though and I have faith she will get over it. Eventually.
Apparently there is some big football game coming up? The Superbowl maybe? So it is very possible she is starting to make plans for some gathering she might be having at her house. But I don't know. She is kind of a procrastinator so..... who knows. ; )
She did tell me that she was able to get ALL THREE laundry baskets empty. Of course I am sure that was short lived. She does have two children afterall, as well as a husband, who after being out of town for TEN days will most likely fill them up in the next couple days. But as of yesterday she could still see the bottom. She is so proud!
As soon as she is available, I will be sure to let her know you are looking for her (you are right? she needs reassurance), and I have no doubt she will be back... soon.
Thank you for your time and understanding,
Posted by mom x 2 at 10:51 AM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I am one proud momX2 today.... actually more like momX20000000000!
Cheerleader Girl has been accepted to all 3 of the colleges she applied to, and all early acceptance.
Christopher Newport University, Longwood University and James Madison University. Her top 2 are LU and JMU.
Let the decision process begin.....
Posted by mom x 2 at 9:21 AM
Thursday, January 7, 2010
- Apparently it is a new year.... Why am I just as busy as the last one?
- Happy New Year!
- A new year means that wrestling season is in FULL swing.
- Bud is wrestling Varsity this year. That'a a big deal, but it's also a lot more work.
- I wish I could win the lottery this year so I didn't have to come to work. I don't mind working, except when I would rather be doing something else. Like, surfing FaceBook.
- I got a new Blackberry. I think I am going to like it, except I don't know how to use it, and I type very slow. I can, however, access FaceBook at work now,
which is probably not a good thing.
- I am looking forward to the new year.... hope it brings all kinds of good things to you all!
Posted by mom x 2 at 10:23 AM