- My kids high school football team plays their cross town rival tonight. I sure hope they win. Too bad CG won’t be cheering due to that LOVELY injured shoulder.
- I am a “cereal killer” at work today for Halloween. Lots of little cereal boxes taped to a shirt with plastic knives in them. Pretty clever huh? Yea, I thought so. I definitely stole the idea.
- I love when daylight savings time ends. It gives me an extra hour of sleep. Even though I will probably wake up an hour early anyway.
- I just finished reading “The Lost Symbol.” Interesting book, full of cool references.
- CG finally submitted her application to James Madison University. I am not diggin’ the whole application process. Well, actually, I’m not diggin’ the whole “going away to college” thing. Wonder if she would mind if I moved to the town in which she is going to college? Probably not? Dang it!
- Based on the drop in temperature and the change in the leaves on the trees, I believe autumn has finally arrived. I wasn’t aware the sun stopped shining during fall. I thought the grey set in during winter. Strange.
- I have no plans for Halloween. None, and for some reason, that seems strange.
- Do any of you have any plans? Have a Happy Halloween!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Posted by mom x 2 at 3:20 PM
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Well, for those wondering, Cheerleader Girl's competition team placed 2nd out of 6 in her district competition last night, only losing to the 1st place team by 4.5 points(240.5 to 236). After the many obstacles and challenges they faced over the last week, a 2nd place win will just have to do :) I am so proud of the job that all of them did, but especially my baby girl! Best part, I didn't cry and CG made it through without additional injury. Woo Hoo!
We will face the 1st place team again at the Regional competition next Wednesday.
Watch out Raiders.... there's a host of Hawks headed your way!
Posted by mom x 2 at 2:11 PM
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Posted by mom x 2 at 9:23 AM
Friday, October 23, 2009
I received this email from my mother, who received it from who knows, but it was really cool so I thought I would share.... Happy Friday everyone!! Have a great weekend!
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants...
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes’ walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past that will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree....
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29.. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please share this with everyone you care about, I just did.
Posted by mom x 2 at 12:55 PM
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- Is it really Thursday already?
- Cancun was amazing, except I was sick from the time I got there all the way up to.... uh, today? Actually, I am feeling much better, but still coughing- ugh, so over it!
- Work is surprisingly under control.... makes me wonder if the stars are not quite aligned?
- School is crazy for my kids right now. Does it really ever slow down.
- Who knew the college application process would be so unbelievably INSANE? Was I warned, probably. Did I heed that warning? Apparently not!
- I miss my friends terribly. Time seems to get away from us and it appears to be an impossible feat for us to get together. I hope they know I miss them.
- I'm going to a chocolate party at BHE's on Sunday..... yes you heard correctly. CHOCOLATE Party. 2 of my favorite words.... 3 if you include "BHE" :)
- Cheerleader Girl's last district cheer competition is next Tuesday. Can you say super nervous? and kinda sad :( with "last" being the key word.- Hopefully their team will not be plagued with the swine flu like a couple of other high school teams in the area.
- The Oyster Festival is coming up soon..... it seems like just yesterday the first weekend in November seemed eons away.... now, not so much! I hope all of my "Blisters" will come and we can have a mini reunion!
- Happy Thursday everyone..... anything going on in your worlds? This or That??
Posted by mom x 2 at 9:23 AM
Friday, October 2, 2009
- Its been a bunch of Fridays since the last time I posted
- There is never any extra time (or money) left over at the end of the day. Why is that?
- It's Homecoming at my kids high school this weekend. The cheerleaders and the parents are tailgating before the parade and game. I am bringing subs and chips for 40. That's a lot of food.
- I can't believe that next year this time Cheerleader Girl will be coming back from college(I hope) to particpate in the festivities and I will no longer be a cheer parent.
- Bud is actually going to the dance this year for the first time.
- It's perfect football weather! Warm till the sun goes down, then the fall temps set in.
- I get to see BHE tonight..... first time in 908752942 days!
- The Salesman and I leave for Cancun in 9 days. I haven't really thought about the fact that this trip is coming up so fast since I have been trying to catch up to today.
- Do you ever wonder where the people going through the drive through at a fast food restaurant are going? Am I the only one that does that?
- I got a new car. It's pretty and I love it!
- I wonder if my boss reads my blog? I hope not, because then I would probably get busted for blogging during work hours, even if it is my lunch hour.
- Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
Posted by mom x 2 at 1:37 PM