Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Surprises!!

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend. First let me apologize for the delay in this post but it has taken me a bit to recover from this past weekend.

Some of you may (or may not) know that I had a birthday on Sunday. I love birthdays because I love presents it beats the alternative. We usually celebrate birthdays with a small gathering of family but nothing over the top. Well, not so much this year. Apparently my wonderful, amazing husband thought that this milestone birthday deserved a little more.


A few weeks ago, The Salesman called me at work and told me to take Friday July 10 off. I asked why a gajillion times but never got a response. Just a "Do it, or I will call your boss and do it for you." Yes Sir!! All week leading up to that I have no idea what's in store for me day I kept asking what I was going to be doing? NO ONE WOULD TALK. I tried everything from grounding only to be lifted by Dad to waterboarding and still - NOTHING!


When the big day arrived I was told to dress casual, but nice, and to wear a blindfold! WHAT? I don't do well with my face covered, but because I am the best sport in the world I obliged. In the car we go to God only knows where. "Don't take the blindfold off until we get you out of the car" they said. Okay???? I cannot begin to describe my complete shock and excitement surprise when they removed my blindfold and in my face was my BROTHER from ATLANTA!! and his awesome girlfriend!!(I'll call him "Mr. ATL" and her "Mrs. ATL" even though they aren't married, but they should be and that is a post all in itself). My husband had managed to work with them to get them here to surprise me. Let me just say, out of all the things I had racked my brains to come up with regarding my surprise... that was not even on the list!

I could say that my post was coming to a close, but then I would be lying. After we arrived home, and I was still trying to process the fact that Mr. and Mrs ATL were here, The Salesman, CG and Bud were trying to get dinner ready. There had been a couple trips to the grocery store, a few phone calls, but nothing out of the ordinary considering the fact that we had company the for me was unexpected. I was just sitting there smiling so big my cheeks hurt playing with the dogs, and all of sudden I heard this strange voice behind me. At first I thought it was The Salesman making fun of me (not something unusual by the way) and when I turned around I almost peed my pants was TOTALLY SURPRISED AGAIN!!!!!! There standing in my kitchen was my DAD and stepmom from HOUSTON! My brother and his girlfriend- also from Houston and my sister and her husband from TULSA! Yes, my wonderful amazing husband had managed to corral ALL OF MY FAMILY!!!!! here for my birthday! I was so surprised I literally could not comprehend it all. I haven't seen any of them since last year and except for Mr and Mrs ATL, none of them had been to Virginia in at least 7 or 8 years. I was THRILLED!!!! to say the least.

The rest of the weekend played out wonderfully with the opportunity to spend time with my family, and of course the party of the year (more on that later).

On a different note- BLOGFEST this weekend!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone! It's going to be a blast. I am sure there will be many posts next week to document the craziness how much trouble fun it was!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had the most excellent birthday and yes, your hubs is the best!!!

See you on Saturday!!!

Big Hair Envy said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to rub it in. I've known about it for MONTHS!!! Glad you had such a good "landmark" birthday!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! That sure was some party! I know I enjoyed it!

And yes ~ You can stay with me in the camper!

Blogfest here we come!

HalfAsstic.com said...

That? Is awesome! I had a big surprise birthday party/family reunion for my 40th also! Sounds like your family really knows how to live it up!
I can't wait to read the posts from this weekend!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a super-wonderful surprise!!! You deserve it and I hope there are some pictures documenting the fun weekend!!
blogfest? huh, what is that? I have never ever heard of this before....

;0

Mental P Mama said...

What a wonderful weekend! Yay for The Salesman!

foolery said...

Huh, he sure went to a LOT of trouble for a 23rd birthday.

What, you say 26th? NO WAY! I refuse to believe it.

Seriously, my dear, I know from 40 and YOU ARE NOWHERE NEAR 40.

: )

So great to have met you, MX2, and I hope there's another chance next year, and that you can stay longer!

Pals from across the continent,

Laurie @ Foolery