Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Loser... as in the biggest

Last March a fellow co-worker started a "Biggest Loser" competition at my office. There were 26 participants all who contributed a monetary amount and the 3 with the highest % of weight loss at the end of 90 days declared the biggest losers "winners". I had found myself in a predicament prior to this competition with having to go up aanother size in clothes and thought, "Yep, that's for me!"
So I signed up.
I exercised.
I dieted.
And I exercised some more.
I. Would. Win.
It sucked!
Then after the first couple of weeks, I started to see results. The ounces pounds started coming off. We weighed in each week and posted the % results, and I stayed up near the top. It was exciting and motivating.
But I was still determined I. Would. Win.
So I exercised some more, and sweat like a pig a LOT.
When the final days came, I pushed myself and worked my butt off (literally) until I could see my name in the #1 slot!!
It was hard. But I WON!!!!
I lost a total of 25 pounds!!!
It was a life changing time.
I have dropped 3 sizes and am still eating right (most of the time), and still trying to exercise as often as I can....
Unless my toes vote against me. :)

9 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Girl, I am so darn proud of you!! And you do look like a million bucks! I say we celebrate!
<><

Busy Bee Suz said...

Congratulations to you...you rock.
I need some motivation because my 'big' clothes are getting tight. Well, I suppose THAT should be my motivation?
Love that cartoon!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

You looked fabulous this summer; clearly all that hard work paid off. Congratulations.

I Am Woody said...

I am SOOOO proud of you!!!

big hair envy said...

Honey, You. Look. MAHVELOUS!!!!

abb said...

Well that's just all kinds of wonderful! I hope you're very very proud of you! I sure am proud of you!

Mental P Mama said...

And you look every bit as fabulous!!!

Meg McCormick said...

I, too, thought you looked FABULOUS last summer! In fact, I was afraid you'd just blow away in the breeze. Rock on - what a great feeling!

HalfAsstic.com said...

Wow! That is awesome! Does it sound pretentious to say I'm proud of you? I don't mean it that way! And I AM!